Orange & Apple-y Beauty
The sweet, juicy, and pulpy orange has a vibrant color and intoxicating smell. This fruit can also work wonders for your skin. Like lemons, oranges too are rich in vitamin C - 100 grams of oranges contain 54 milligrams of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant. This means that oranges can help prevent oxidative damage, photodamage, DNA damage, reduce inflammation, and aid collagen synthesis. Now, let me tell you how to include oranges in your daily life.
How To Use Oranges For Glowing Skin
* Consume 1-2 oranges every alternate day.
* Drink freshly pressed orange juice with the pulp. Avoid the pulp if you have stomach ulcers or are suffering from IBS/IBD.
* Add oranges to your salad, pizza, stew, cakes, and chocolates.
* Add orange juice to your smoothie.
* Apply orange juice topically wherever you have pigmentation. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
* For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of gram flour, and ½ teaspoon of turmeric. Apply as a pack.
* For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of milk, ½ teaspoon of turmeric, and 1 teaspoon of honey and apply on your skin.
Apples are rich in vitamins A and C, dietary fiber, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. They have antioxidant properties and help prevent the harmful free oxygen radicals.
The peel of the apple has also been found to be rich in antioxidants. Next time you want to eat an apple, do not peel it.
Wash it thoroughly to remove dirt and bacteria. Here is how you can use an apple to keep your skin glowing.
You may include apple in your daily routine in different ways:
* Eat one apple per day as a snack.
* Add apple slices to your breakfast bowl, oatmeal, or cornflakes.
* Add apple to your smoothie or make apple juice.
* Add apple to your baby spinach and tuna salad.
* Add apples to cake batter.
* Grate one apple and apply it on your skin. Rinse it after 10 minutes.
* For dry skin, mix grated apple with 1 teaspoon of honey and apply it on your skin. Wash it off with warm water after 10 minutes. To dry your skin, dab it with clean face towel.