Cooking time: 60 minutes, Serves 4
Each serving contains:
Kcals: 215, g fat: 5, g saturated fat: 1.5
550 cod or haddock fillet, skinned and cut in chunks (machhi)
225g potatoes, boiled and coarsely chopped (bareek kate uble hue aloo)
2.5cm cube of fresh root ginger, coarsely chopped (bareek kate adrak)
2 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped (bareek kate lahsun)
15g fresh coriander leaves and stalks
1 teaspoon salt to taste (namak swaad anusaar)
½ teaspoon ground aniseed (Saunf)
½ teaspoon ground turmeric (Haldi)
2 large eggs (ande)
150ml semi-skimmed milk
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill (Dill ke patte)
½ red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
· Preheat the oven to 190 0C / 375 0F/ Gas 5.
· Blend all the ingredients, except the dill and red pepper, in a food processor until smooth.
· Lightly brush a 23cm non-stick ring mould with oil and sprinkle the base of the ring with the dill and red pepper.
· Pack the fish mixture into the ring and bake for 1 hour or until the top is lightly browned.
· Use a knife to loosen the edge of the fish mixture around the rim of the mould. Cover the top of the mould with a serving platter, then invert both the platters and mould. Lift off the mould. Serve immediately, with Kohlrabi Salad and any bread.