Considering the amount of havoc that climate change has been creating, it is imperative that we start inculcating eco-friendly habits in the children, from their childhood.
Here are a few ways to do so.
* Make your child understand that the world is God's creation. The nature gives us food, shelter and clothes. If we don't respect nature, then the mankind will be punished. Explain them about different natural calamities & their causes.
* Tell them about how trees & plants give us fruits, vegetables, and flowers; and how animals have been helpful to us. Ask them to take care of the trees & animals
* Organize some activities to make learning more effective. Teach them how to plant a sapling and take its care. A bit of gardening in the childhood will get them inclined towards nature in future. Keep a storytelling session on nature, even if it's a fiction. Children like to hear stories from their grandparents, so you may involve them as well.
* Teach them some rhymes or songs about nature. Engross them in movies and animated programmes that support nature.
* Talk to your child's teachers and school authorities to arrange a class for the students to get close to nature
* Take them on nature trails, excursions, or trips to see the greenery, and scenic beauty.