Curried Carrot Soup
Losing weight has never been this delicious and easy. Take a sip and get toned. Soups are a great way to serve good health in a bowl. They not only boost your stamina, but also drain out the needless fats. They will fill up tummy yet cut out those fats. Its time to transform. Make yourself a weight loss soup and see the difference yourself.
Ingredients: 6 servings
* 3 tablespoons canola oil
* 2 teaspoons curry powder
* 8 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
* 4 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
* 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
* 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* ½ teaspoon salt
* Freshly ground pepper, to taste
* Cook oil and curry powder in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, celery and onion; toss to coat in oil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand 10 minutes. Lay a paper towel over the surface of the soup to blot away the oil that has risen to the top. Discard the paper towel.
* Working in batches of no more than 2 cups at a time, transfer the soup to a blender and puree (use caution when pureeing hot liquids). Return the pureed soup to the pan, place over medium heat and heat through. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
* Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
* Serving size: 1? cups
* Per serving: 122 calories; 7 g fat(1 g sat); 3 g fiber; 12 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 35 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 13,708 IU vitamin A; 9 mg vitamin C; 46 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 637 mg sodium; 538 mg potassium
* Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (274% daily value)
* Carbohydrate Servings: 1
* Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1½ fat