Honey Grapefruit with Banana - Salad
Here comes a tangy tropical fruit salad, ideal for breakfast or as a side dish at the brunch. Grapefruit is one of the popular and best foods for weight loss, perhaps due to the effect it has on insulin, a fat-storage hormone it seems to be helpful.
It gives a filling experience. It has one of the highest water concentrations as compared with any other fruit.
About 90% of its weight is water. All that juice fills you up fast and prevents you from overeating.
* 1 (24-ounce) jar refrigerated red grapefruit sections (about 2 cups)
* 1 cup sliced banana (about 1)
* 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
* 1 tablespoon honey
Preparation: 5 minutes.
* Drain the grapefruit sections, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
* Combine grapefruit sections, juice, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
* Toss gently to coat.
* Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
Lemon& Orange Citrus Smoothie
1 c skim or soy milk
6 oz (80-calorie) lemon yogurt
1 med orange peeled, cleaned, and sliced into sections
Handful of ice
1 Tbsp flaxseed oil (MUFA)
Combine milk, yogurt, orange, and ice in a blender. Blend for 1 minute, transfer to a glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.
Nutrition (per serving) 420 cal, 18 g pro, 57 g carb, 3 g fiber, 54 g sugar, 14 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 219 mg sodium