Red Kidney Beans Soup
Here comes the best vegetable soup for weight loss made with rajma or red kidney beans, this soup easily doubles up as a simple main course. The low fat milk used here enriches the flavor of the soup, making it creamier and richer.
* Red kidney beans - ¼ cup
* Onions - 2, medium, finely chopped
* Garlic - 4 cloves, peeled, minced
* Ginger - 1 1inch piece, peeled, finely grated
* Tomato -1, medium, finely chopped
* Carrot - 1, medium, peeled, finely grated
* Skim milk - ¼ cup, if required
* Salt - to taste
* Red chili flakes - to taste
* Oil - 2 tsp
* Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
* Chaat masala - 1 tsp
* Thoroughly wash the kidney beans and pressure cook with washed, grated carrot.
* Add 1 tsp oil to a preheated skillet and sauté onions, ginger, and garlic until golden brown.
* Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes turn pulpy.
* Keep aside the water from the cooked beans and keep aside half of the beans.
* Mash rest of the beans well.
* Add mashed beans and enough salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
* Take off from the heat and allow it to cool down.
* Transfer to a blender along with red chili flakes and blend to a smooth puree.
* Add to the skillet again, mix in the non-mashed beans, and simmer for 2 minutes.
* Add water to adjust the consistency.
* Add milk if desired.
* Check the seasoning.
Sprinkle chat masala, garnish with coriander leaves, and serve hot.