From a Correspondent
Dibrugarh, Jan 10: In a major fire incident which broke out in the Graham Bazaar area on Monday, the residential quarter of Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) burnt into ashes. As informed, two families had been living separately in the ruined AMCH quarter. As a result of the disaster, property worth lakhs of rupees of both the families of Sumitra Gogoi and Manju Goswami were burst into flames. The fire is assumed to have sparked off from the inverter of the devastated house. In a similar fire incident that broke out in Running Gate area, the shop of Dipali Handique caught fire which resulted in the damage of a large number of food items and other supplies. However, the timely intervention of the local people helped in preventing the fire from spreading further.