Q1. I read with interest your article on vaastu. It seems my house is suffering from bhoot bithi, our south-west is lower than the north-east and north. Can you please suggest some remedy for this.
Atul Johari, via email.
Ans. You have to make it heavier and higher by:
1. Filling it up
2. Making some heavy construction
3. Dumping heavy materials like bricks, boulders etc.
4. If possible, lower the northeast, north and east by removing the earth from these areas and putting at southwest.
5. Install a Rahu Yantra at southwest.
Q 2. I we would like to seek your guidance on some questions around a potential property (apartment) that we are looking to purchase.
Our key concerns regarding this apartment are the following:
1. The entrance from the apartment is from the South. The door of our apartment is facing another apartment’s door (there are only two flats per floor).
2. The kitchen and bedroom are not in the best location as recommended by Vaastu.
3. Our bed room is in the northeast direction
4. Kitchen is northeast.
5. The house number is 602, which adds up to 8 - we have heard that this might not be a very auspicious number (number of Saturn), I enclose here the scanned copy of the layout of the apartment with directions marked out for your review.
Rekha Saikia, Bangalore via email.
Ans. This flat has some serious flaws. I’ll answer your questions one by one.
1. The entrance from exclusive south or southern southeast is not bad. But that is not the sole factor in your case.
2. The kitchen is at west which is not a good place.
3. The bedroom at northeast is not suitable for adults. But the major problem is that it has two toilets side by side at northeast which is very bad as per vaastu.
5. The numerological aspect does not arise as this flat is not suitable as per vaastu. If you wish, you may consult a numerology expert.
There is a servant’s room at southwest. This is not good because the servant should not occupy the master’s place!
Considering these factors, I cannot advise you to buy this unit from the vaastu’s point of view. No doubt, the broker is in a hurry as he must be aware of these facts too!
Readers may send their queries if any to Hemanta Kr. Sarmah, c/o mélange, The Sentinel or on
Mobile No. 94350-14668. e-mail: email@example.com