Vaastu is a science which advises the correct placement of structures and balancing of natural forces or Pancha Bhoothas (The Five basic elements). Vaastu today has been recognized in countries like America, Germany, China and Japan. The word “Vaastu” has its origin in “VASA” meaning ‘Inhabitation’ and Shastra’, in Sanskrit, means ‘Science’. Vastu is the science of inhabitation. So, Vaastu and engineering are inseparable. Vaastu indicates the proportion and ratios to be used. This proves that Vaastu is the concept applicable all times and in all ages. Every construction like residential house, office, factory, industry, commercial sites and business complexes will flourish and profit only by the application of Vaastu principles. Vaastu depicts the advantages and disadvantages involved in construction of structures. It also reveals the art of the correct placement of all its structures and its components in a building structure. A site satisfying the Vaastu principles ensures peace and prosperity. Vaastu effects both the owner and the tenant.
Constructions with improper Vaastu principles and their effects:
1. People living in big mansions may not be necessarily rich and happy. But a person on daily wages living in a small house, may be rich and happy. The cause may be attributed to the application of Vaastu.
2. Quarrel among the family members, legal problems, rivalry between business partners are attributed to the defects in the application of Vaastu shastra.
3. Financial problems like debts, poor savings and extravagant expenditure are caused by the defects of Vaastu.
4. Defects in Vaastu shastra lead to many problems and upsets business, disturbing the very basic set up itself and ultimately resulting in regular losses and finally, frequent changes in profession.
5. An industry, observing all the Vaastu principles with less facilities, resources and lack of experience may be flourishing profitably, but the case may not be the same with another industry, despite having all facilities, resources, skilled and experienced persons.
6. Legal problems, industrial disputes, labour problems, low production, failing to take off, and frequent breakdowns, are all due to improper applications of Vaastu.
7. In certain cases, once a profitably running industry when takes over another industry, starts facing losses due to improper Vaastu.
8. Bad effects of street focus, road absorption and road hit, defects of Northwest go a long way in affecting us. But this can be balanced by Vaastu principles.
9. If Northeast is vacant, open and lower, there is all round prosperity.
10. Overhead water tanks in the Southwest is advantageous, though in few cases, that on Northwest or Southeast is acceptable. But never on Northeast.
11. Constructing a kitchen in East South is best. Though in some cases, this can also be in South West direction and North West direction, but never in Northeast
12. Twisting the pillars while construction to Northeast direction involves many defects due to the projection of edges. This only enhances the defects of the structure, ultimately resulting in the clashing of the projected parts with the neighbouring projections.
13. Main entrance of any site, industry, office, shop or any type of structure also plays a very important role in Vaastu.
Readers may send their queries if any to Hemanta Kr. Sarmah, c/o mélange, The Sentinel or on Mobile No. 94350-14668. e-mail: email@example.com