Q1. I have a two bedroom apartment. Which is the best room to stay as the owner as per Vaastu.
Suresh Talukdar, Beltola,Guwahati
Ans. That will depend upon the position of the bedroom. The south sector is ruled by the Lord Yama and the earth element. Ancestor’s luck and wisdom are showered in the southwest area. So it is the nbest place for the owner. The west is also good. But rooms at northeast, east or north are not suitable as a bedroom for adults.
Q2. I have candle factory. It is in my home only and is placed in the northwest. Is it alright?
S K Agarwalla, Nagaon.
Ans The northwest is ruled by the air element or Lord Vayu. Northwest is a good area to stock finished goods because it ensures quicker movement of products. But candle is basically associated with the fire element and so you will do well to have it at southeast or south. The wax blocks, being heavy items, should be stored at southwest.
CERTAIN VAASTU GUIDELINES
1. The windows should be kept open during the day to let in fresh air and sunlight. Houses, which have the windows blocked due to external factors or nearby structures will have negative energy accumulate inside. In such cases, sufficient lighting should be arranged or fans and exhaust fans must be used to circulate fresh air.
2. Keep the centre of the rooms free from any heavy furniture or clutter as far as possible.
3. The curtains, carpets or bedsheets/bedcovers and mattresses should be bright, clean and cheerful so that they can radiate happiness. Old, dirty and worn furnishings bring sadness into the house.
4. Keep pictures of happiness in the living room. But they should not be too large so that the picture will dominate and bring a sense of inferiority complex instead!
5. The furniture should be arranged in such a way so that it does not block the flow of energy. Some people have the tendency to flaunt huge showcases or wardrobes, thereby, blocking the circulation of energy. Heavy furniture should be placed at southwest, south and west only.
6. Care should be taken so that no beam is placed over the bed, study table, workplace or cooking area.
7. Thorn bearing plants should not be kept inside the house. Similarly, plants producing latex or milk should not be kept inside the house.
8. Sandalwood incense sticks, candles and oil lamps have space cleansing effect. They should be lit in the morning and in the evening. Common sense says that they should be put off while going to sleep.
Hemanta Kumar Sarmah
Readers may send their queries if any to Hemanta Kr. Sarmah, c/o mélange, The Sentinel or on Mobile No. 94350-14668. e-mail: email@example.com