Almost every household uses mirrors in one way or the other. Modern buildings, shopping malls, offices use mirrors of various shades outside for architectural symmetry as well as protection from sunrays. Colourful mirrors are one of the simplest form of interior and exterior designing. But mirrors should be used properly keeping the vaastu factor in mind because mirrors can enhance the vaastu of a place as well as make the place defective if improperly placed! The owner of a household may have adverse effects on him/her if mirrors are wrongly placed.
SOME POINTS TO PONDER: Mirrors should be placed in such a way so that they do not block the entry of energy nor reflect back positive energy.
1. The basic idea of placing mirrors sometime is to block the negative energy from entering the household. For example, if there is a block or vedh in front of the main door, a mirror can be placed to reflect the poison arrows.
2. Mirrors should be placed to enhance the beauty of a room and increase the positive energy. Mirrors placed in the Northeast, East or North can achieve this.
3. Mirrors can be fixed on doors and windows in the Northeast, North or East.
4. Coloured mirrors should be avoided as far as possible which may block sunlight into the house from east and north.
5. However, light green coloured glasses can be fixed on the window panes and doors in the east.
6. Similarly, light blue coloured glasses are permissible in the windows and doors in the north.
Negative energies enter from the south and the west. So dark coloured glasses like black ones can be fitted on the windows and doors at west and south to block the negative energy from entering. Aesthetically also, they are good to look at.
NOTES OF CAUTION:
When it is desirable to block or reflect negative energies, shining or glittering mirrors can be used in these directions:-
1. The southwest corner or Nairut Kona.
2. At West
3. At south
So it is implied that such reflecting mirrors should NOT be used in the northeast, east or north.
Q. Where and what should I keep in my study table to increase my concentration in studies? I have a fish bowl on my table and how many fish should I keep?
Alaka Das, Ulubari
Ans. You can keep the photo or statue of Goddess Saraswati in the east of your table. A Saraswati Yantra is best to have. Feng shui recommends the Education tower. A light green coloured table cloth is good for concentration. I won’t recommend a fish bowl because the movement of fish will disturb you.
Hemanta Kumar Sarmah
Readers may send their queries if any to Hemanta Kr. Sarmah, c/o mélange, The Sentinel or on
Mobile No. 94350-14668. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org