Hong Kong, January 6: More than 30 key figures of the months–long civil disobedience movement that began in September have been contacted by the police on charges of instigating the protests and could end up being detained. Quoting police sources, the South Chine Morning Post Tuesday said the activists could be arrested for organising or aiding and abetting the unlawful tent camps set up throughout the city for almost three months which were filly dismantled by the police. Among those targeted by the police so far are student leaders Alex Chow and Joshua Wong, the main representatives of the students who spearheaded the protests, and who were arrested during the dismantling of the tent camps. Also on the list are the three main leaders of Occupy Central, the movement that triggered the unprecendented demonstrations demanding greater democratic rights in Hong Kong, a special administrative region of Chi. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- FIFA craze just got better!
- Mouthwatering delicacies from Assam to tickle your taste buds
- Kid Reaches 911 Complaining against Salads!
- How to de-stress your Sundays?
- दै बानानि जाथाया लासैयै खमायबोदों
- Latest-Tiniest Computer equivalent to the “Grain of Rice”
- सा-सान्जा भारतनि सा 5 साहित्य एकादेमि बान्था मोनो
- Facts to know before watching horror movies
- কামাখ্যায় শুরু হলো বহু প্ৰতীক্ষিত অম্বুবাচি মেলা
- সাহিত্য অকাদেমি পুরস্কার পাচ্ছেন বিপাশা বরা