Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

BJP defends demonetization

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  28 Nov 2016 12:00 AM GMT

By our Staff Reporter

GUWAHATI, Nov 27: The BJP Assam Pradesh has defended the demonetization of 500-rupee and 1000-rupee notes by Prime Minister rendra Modi.

Addressing the press at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Bhawan at Hengrabari in the city today, the party’s Minority Morcha president Mominul Aowal and spokesperson Rupam Goswami said: “The common people are happily contributing to the process though they face inconvenience. Only those who have uccounted money are actually facing a tough time. Around 23 per cent of Indians live below the poverty line. Their daily income is Rs 73 a day. Only 2.87 crore of the remaining 77 per cent people, numbering around 92 crore, pay income tax.”

The BJP leaders attacked the Congress by terming their agitation against demonetization as an outburst of their frustration. They asked the Congress to stop instigating the people, and rather help them in opening bank accounts and currency exchanges. They also lashed out at the former Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and asked a clarification from him on the Rs. 12,000-crore utilization certificate that had been raised by the CAG.

Next Story
Jobs in Assam
Jobs in Rest of NE
Top Headlines
Assam News