BY OUR STAFF REPORTER
GUWAHATI, July 6: The Sadou Asom Jatiya Swahid Parial Samanyrakhi Parishad, an organization of the family members of the martyrs of the Assam Agitation, on Thursday said that the cut-off date for detection of foreigners in Assam should be March 24, 1971, which was fixed in the Assam Accord.
Addressing a press conference here on Thursday, the president of the organization Hemanta Kr th said, “We want the implementation of the Assam accord in letter and spirit.”
th also warned the person concerned not to make loose comment against on Assam Accord.
Earlier in April, the Prabajan Virodhi Manch had reached out to family members of the martyrs of the Assam Agitation to support the cut-off date for detection of foreigners in Assam as 1951 instead of the Assam Accord’s cut-off date of March 24, 1971.