Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

'People have realized that Modi has duped them'

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  3 April 2016 12:00 AM GMT

By our Staff Reporter

GUWAHATI, April 2: All India Congress Committee (AICC) leader And Sharma has today said that the people of India have come to realize in the past 22 months that they made a mistake by choosing rendra Modi as the Prime Minister who, they now feel, have duped them.

Talking to newsmen at Rajiv Bhavan in the city today, Sharma said: “Modi has utterly failed to translate the assurances he gave to the people before the last Lok Sabha election. The people who elected Modi have also come to know now that they have been duped. After becoming the Prime Minister Modi speaks in such a way only he knows everything. Now Modi is criticizing the UPA government at the Centre. Even as the entire world was under the grip of economic recession, under Dr. Manhohan Singh as the Prime Minister, the economic condition of India didn’t collapse. From 2005-2012 as many as 12 crore youth got employment in the construction sector under the UPA government. However, under this NDA government in 2015 2.42 lakh youth got employment under the sector. Under the economic policy of this government, India has to be debt-ridden. The tiol Saving Rate (NSR) is lower than the tiol Investment Rate (NIR).”

Sharma further said that Modi also betrayed the people of Assam and the Northeast. “Modi talks of industrial policy but he has suspended the North East Industrial Promotion Policy that has the provision of subsidy for the development of industries in the region. During his tenures as the Chief Minister, Tarun Gogoi raised the number of Foreigners’ Tribuls from 11 to 39 and then to 100, completed 97.75 per cent of the fencing work along the India-Bangladesh border, leaving only 2.25 per cent reverine border. On militancy front also Gogoi did a lot. Talks with the ULFA and other militant organizations in the State were initiated during the UPA regime. All these were done to restore peace in the State. However, the BJP wants to polarize the people of the State on religious lines. Modi claims to respect Assam tea. How come such a leader leave the post of Chairman of the Tea Board of India vacant for the past 14 months? This is not all. He has stopped funds for re-plantation and rehabilitation of tea estates that had been started by the UPA Government at the Centre. We made an inquiry and found that Modi never sold tea. He even took to falsehood before the last Lok Sabha elections involving his mother. What he said before the last Lok Sabha elections were not true. His fincial condition was never as pathetic as he described at an address in a foreign tion.” On his sudden visit to Pakistan, Sharma said: “Modi isn’t a tourist who can go to anywhere and everywhere as and when he wants. He is the Prime Minister of India, and as such he has to keep the Parliament into his confidence. Photo opportunity isn’t what the diplomacy of a country is. Soon after his sudden visit to Pakistan, militants from the neighbouring country attacked India at Pathankot. However, Modi is yet to utter a single word on that attack. The BJP opposed the land swap deal with Bangladesh while in the Opposition. However, soon after coming to power, the NDA government okayed the deal, that too, without taking the chief ministers of Assam, Meghalaya and Tripura into his confidence. This is an insult to the three chief ministers.”

On the AGP-BJP tie-up, Sharma said that this is an alliance without a well-thought-out decision. On Modi’s statement on Gogoi’s age, Sharma said: “Respecting elders is Indian culture. One shouldn’t forget that.”

Next Story