Submit safety certificates: DC
GUWAHATI, Jan 3: Kamrup(M) Deputy Commissioner M Angamuthu has directed all pubs, bars, bar & restaurants, restaurants, cineplex etc., to take all required safety measures and submit updated safety certificates from the departments concerned within 30 Days without fail. Non-submission the certificates sought will lead to suspension/cancellation of license of the defaulting establishments, he said.
In a statement issued to the press on January 2, 2018, the district administration has observed that pubs, bars, bar & restaurants, restaurants, cineplex etc., in Guwahati City where there is large congregation of public do not maintain the basic minimum safety requirements like fire safety, electrical safety and other emergency provisions for tackling any eventuality. “Several incidents have happened in recent times due to non-maintence of these basic safety requirements. Recently a fire incident in a rooftop restaurant in Mumbai took 14 innocent lives just because of human negligence. Such incidents may happen at any time in Guwahati also,” the DC said, amd added: “It’s been observed that the owners of such establishments also give least importance on the safety aspects of their establishments which makes guests and visitors in a vulnerable position. Moreover, it has also been observed that such establishments do not maintain the food safety norms and do not adhere to the provisions of the Essential Commodities Act 1955. If such practices are allowed to continue unhindered, it may cause a mishap and calamity of great magnitude putting public in general in a situation of great inconvenience and hardship.”
Safety measures which to be adhered to by the establishments are –
1. Fire safety measures like functiol inbuilt fire installations, functiol fire extinguishers, proper fire exit and demarcated etc., and updated safety certificate from Fire & Emergency Services.
2. Electrical safety measures to be properly checked and updated electrical safety certificate from Chief Electrical Inspector-cum-advisor, Assam.
3. Food safety audit to be done and updated Food Safety Certificate from Health & Family Welfare Department, Assam is to be submitted.
4. Updated emergency disaster magement and evacuation plans are to be prepared and provision for emergency evacuation route is to be desigted well in advance.
5. Safety audit of the lifts/ elevators are to be done as per the existing norms and updated safety certificate from Chief Electrical Inspector-cum-advisor, Assam are to be submitted.
6. Basic training on fire safety, search & rescue, emergency evacuation are to be provided to the staff of the establishment and regular mock drills are to be conducted and submit a detail report to the undersigned.