As you age, your skin starts to wrinkle. It's a natural process.
Though most people (men, women alike) dread wrinkles, a few fine lines can add character to your skin!
It's quite normal to have wrinkles as with age your skin gradually loses elasticity as the collagen production slows down with time. This process can be get worse if your skin gets a lot of sun exposure, pollution, using of chemical products and improper lifestyle habits.
Genetics can play a major role in determining your skin quality. However, you still have a good control over your own skin and how well it shows up over times. It's true we cannot stop wrinkles to show up but at least take proper care of the skin in keeping it wrinkle-free for as long as possible.
Here are seven lifestyle habits to make your skin look healthy and glowing.
• Protect your skin from the sun's UV rays: exposure to the sun can damage your skin and cause pre-mature skin aging. Hence it's vital to apply regular sunscreen with SPF before steeping out during day time.
• Keep yourself hydrated: 70% of human body constitutes water and water is mandatory for metabolism. It helps in detoxification of the body and keeps your skin hydrated.
• Use of Retinoid: Retinoid, are one of the most important anti-aging ingredients. Retinoids have the ability to produce collagen and helps in skin regeneration and also create new blood vessels.
• Keep your skin moisturized: Moisturizers are especially important as you get older and your skin becomes drier as it helps to nourish and hydrate the skin.
• Eat foods rich in Vitamins: Green tea, olive oil, salmon, avocados, pomegranates, vegetables, especially carrots, pumpkin, leafy greens, bell peppers, and broccoli are foods that are high in anti-inflammatory properties that helps improve the skin's elasticity and protects from skin damage.
• Sleep on time: 7-8 hours of sleep regularly is must to keep your body and skin looks fresh and healthy.
• Keep yourself stress-free: Too much of stress can cause pimples and acnes to your skin which can be quite awful. Hence, regular exercise, Yoga, meditation, mindfulness are some of the effective stress management techniques which can be helpful.
Also watch: Assam Agri Minister Atul Bora Not a Factor: AJP