Agartala: The 10323 teachers in Tripura which were being terminated by the Supreme Court but was later promised by the BJP government that once it comes into power, all the teachers will be back to their jobs, are now furious on the ruling government for the non-fulfillment of its promise. The wrong vote bank policy of the Biplab Dev Barman led BJP government have led the teachers to live in the dilemma of whether they are going to be employed again or not. As a warning to the ruling government, the 103232 teachers have even said that if the government fails in providing them with alternative jobs, as was promised earlier, the teachers will be bound to ‘come on the road’.
The reality is that although the BJP government in Tripura announced to go against the Supreme Court judgement and promised the 10323 teachers that they will be provided with alternative jobs on the BJP government coming into power, it has now failed to do so as according to the law without proper interview and eligibility nobody can be given a job.
As stated by the teachers, “Since 9 years the 10323 teachers are serving Tripura Education Department. We also got GT/PGT scale but in 2014 a group of people filed cases against our recruitment and we lost jobs but since then the state govt. is working to save jobs of 10323 teachers’ futures. First, it was said that one December 31st, 2017, we will be finally terminated but later 6 months were given by Supreme Court on ad hoc basis and now the present government has again appealed the Supreme Court to extend our jobs for two years. But nobody is thinking even if the Supreme Court gives us permission to work till 2020, what will happen to us after two years? Thus we demand our jobs should be secured until the government provides us with an alternative livelihood.”
Five specific demands are being raised by these teachers which includes:
1. To save the jobs of these 10323 teachers until any alternative jobs are being arranged for them.
2. If according to law all are same then how come the Science graduate teachers who were appointed at the same time with these 10323 teachers are still in job?
3. A copy of the details mentioning the reason for the termination of their jobs by the Supreme Court have to be provided.
4. Like other teachers, these 10323 teachers are not receiving facilities on ad-hoc basis which are mentioned in the government notification.
5. If their recruitment is the mistake of the officials concerned then why should the teachers suffer for it?