Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

150 fall sick after consuming adulterated prasad

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  19 March 2015 12:00 AM GMT

BARPETA, March 18: At least 150 people, including some children, were taken ill after consuming ‘prasad’ during ‘Masa puja’ at Patbausi here on Tuesday. The people had consumed ‘prasad’ and ‘bhog’ last night during the ceremony here and soon after complained of severe stomachache and vomiting, local people said. Among the affected, some were under four years of age and more than 40 women and 60 men, said a local. They were admitted to Barpeta Medical College Hospital. Barpeta Medical College Superintendent Pradip Ojah said that the affected persons were still undergoing treatment and are stated to be out of danger. The food poisoning is suspected to have been caused by the milk powder, which had allegedly expired three months ago, used in making the bhog.

Next Story