GUWAHATI, May 30: A team of food safety officials led by Anil Sarma seized 2.50 quintals of mango from a number of godowns at Adabari in Guwahati on Wednesday and destroyed them. The seized mangoes were found being artificially ripened by traders with calcium carbide. As much as 12.50 quintals of mangoes had been seized by food safety officials from Fancy Bazar in the city last week.
You may also like
About the author
- Assam’s filmmaker Rima Das is going to make a movie on sprinter Hima Das
- Assam Governor Prof Jagdish Mukhi condoles Vajpayee’s death
- NRC Assam: Supreme Court directs State Coordinator to submit District-Wise Reports
- Karnataka rains updates: Heavy rains claim lives; hundreds left homeless; rescue operations going on.
- How Millennials are giving the best Independence Day gift to the Lost Generation
- Manipur University Agitation: To be Temporarily Suspended from Tomorrow
- Vishma Pitamah of Indian Politics has fallen : Atal Bihari Vajpayee Passes Away
- Twitter Threatens to Ban Operations in Pakistan
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor B.D. Mishra Urges People to Make it an ‘Aadarsh Pradesh’
- All-in-One Printers with Fax are Prone to Hacking: Researchers Say