In a shocking incident, 22 men including security watches, lift administrators and handymen at a residential complex in Purasawalkam zone of Chennai, supposedly assaulted an 11-year-old minor girl with a hearing issue for more than seven months, the police said on Tuesday.
Reportedly, the Chennai Police have managed to capture 18 of the suspects. The captured suspects have been sent to legal care till July 31. Video cuts demonstrated legal counselors whipping the suspects at the Mahila Court in Chennai, where they were delivered. Policemen were raced into the court premises for extra security after the occurrence.
The men professedly calmed the child with infusions, spiked soda pops, and a powder that they made her sniff, before assaulting her and taking recordings of the demonstration. They undermined to discharge the recordings and cautioned the minor of more brutality on the off chance that she detailed the wrongdoing.
“This proceeded till the young lady on Saturday revealed to her elder sister, an undergraduate on a home visit from Delhi, about the injury she was experiencing,” through an unidentified police officer . “The sister educated their folks, who documented a protestation with the All Women Police Station in Ayanavaram.”
The complainant told the police that Ravi, a 66-year-old lift administrator, first sexually struck her more than seven months prior. After three days, he supposedly carried some inebriated men with him, who assaulted her and videographed the demonstration. Other men before long participate, assaulting the child over and over, the complainant said.
“Ravi would lead away the kid when she landed from her school van to the storm cellar, open washrooms, the porch and recreation center, where he and his associates assaulted her,” the officer said. “A significant number of the flats were empty so the suspects had little prevention while carrying out the wrongdoing.”
Those captured so far are for the most part were representatives of FOCUS, a security firm, and UK Facility Services, Chennai. “Three men admitted to their wrongdoing. We have kept 15 others and are directing request,” a senior cop stated before the media.