New Delhi, Feb 14: The tiol Lok Adalat disposed off more than 7.7 lakh cases, involving a settlement amount of Rs 2,404 crore, during its recent sitting — an exercise designed to avoid judicial delays, officials said on Tuesday. “More than 7.7 lakh cases were disposed off, which included 4.3 lakh pending and 3.4 lakh pre-litigation cases. The total value of the settlement amount is Rs 2,404 crore,” said Alok Agarwal, Member Secretary tiol Legal Services Authority. The Lok Adalat was held throughout all the courts at all levels in the country on February 11. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- Aquaman Has Vital Message About Earth’s Health: Jason Momoa
- Child labourers rescued by Sivasagar District Child Protection
- Those left out from final NRC must leave Assam: Axam Xahitya Xabha
- Singer Beyonce Arrives in Udaipur
- Salman Khan, Anurag Kashyap Win at Asian Academy Creative Awards
- Motor Accidents: How to Claim Damages
- MGNREGA is Worst in Fiscal 2018-19 with a Completion Rate
- Can APDCL Meet Deadline?
- Assam Destination For Human Traffickers!
- 72% Vote in Final Phase of Rural Poll Amid Incidents