GUWAHATI, June 12: The annual general convention of the Hotel and Restaurant Association of Assam (HRAA) was held in Guwahati recently. The convention was inaugurated by the Principal Secretary of the Government of Assam, Rajesh Prasad by lighting the ceremonial lamp. Padmashree Jadav Payeng attended the convention as guest of honour. Md Sayeed Samad, Regional Director of Indian Tourism Mart (ITM) and Jayanta Malla Baruah, Chairman of Assam Tourism Development Corporation attended the open session of the convention as distinguished guests. Rajesh Prasad in his brief speech emphasized on overall development of the hospitality industry in the state. He asked the hoteliers to keep close contact with the State to promote tourism. In the meantime, Deepak Kumar Jalan and Anupam Bora were anonymously elected for the consecutive second year as the president and general secretary of the HRAA.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars