GUWAHATI, May 23: The APCC general secretary Apurba Kumar Bhattacharya asked Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal and BJP state president Ranjit Dass to come out black and white on the implementation of Assam Accord in regards to deportation of illegal migrants. Bhattacharya was criticizing the contradicting statements made by numbers of BJP MLAs and MPs on the issue as on earlier occasion, the Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma said that the cut off year to expel illegal migrants should be base on the 1951 census. Bhattacharya alleged that the Union Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohgain and MP Ram Prashad Sarma have been making statements which defeat the validity of the Assam Accord.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars