Tezpur, July 27: “The National Register of Citizens (NRC) update process is going on smoothly under the supervision of the Supreme Court and the complete final NRC draft list will be published at 10 am of July 30,” said Deputy Commissioner Manoj Kumar Deka while addressing a press meet at the DC’s Conference Hall, Tezpur, on Friday in the presence of Privipal Singh, SP, Sonitpur, ADC, Sonitpur, Kishan Kumar Sarmah, Kulen Sarmah and Prabir Dutta.
In the press meet, Manoj Deka said, “There is no reason to panic if anybody’s names are found missing from the draft list since there will be sufficient time for claims and objections. We will also like to make it clear that the publication of the draft NRC is not the end of the process and against such draft publications, claims and objections of the aggrieved parties can be filed, which naturally will be verified in accordance with law.”
DC Manoj Deka informed that seven security forces, namely Rapid Action Force, BSF, CRPF, Jharkhand Police Force, Chatisgarh Armed Police, ITBP and CISF would be deployed in Sonitpur district. Also, a control room has been set up with a helpline number 03712-232440.
The Sonitpur Superintendent of Police said that Sonitpur Police would keep a close watch on anti-social elements as well as trouble mongers and no report of any untoward incident during the process had been received from any part of the district.