Dibrugarh: A fresh spell of shower on Monday and Tuesday has thrown the condition of the NH-37 out of the frying pan into the fire. The public, who is the worst sufferer, was seen facing a lot of inconveniences while commuting. In a bid to evade the wide potholes, which have been left inundated by the rains, the commuters had to move ahead through the edge of the road, often resulting in a traffic snarl. The areas that have been hit the most include Naliapool, Chaulkhowa, Panchali, Laluka Gaon and Gabharupathar. Two phases of makeshift repairs, that began after the convoy of Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal fell a victim to the deplorable stretch of NH near Chaulkhowa, seem to have fallen flat, with things getting back to square one. Frustrated, people are seen and heard doubting the political will of the government to solve the problem on a long-term basis. While the common impression is that the government will soon start repairing the entire stretch of the NH in the light of the Bogibeel Bridge that is going to be inaugurated shortly, a large chunk of the populace is asking whether the matter of safety of the citizens of the town, who have been at the receiving end for long, plays a second fiddle in the scheme of things.
You may also like
About the author
- The Subject Counts Most in the Teaching-learning Situation Today
- Will Simultaneous Polls Save Costs? Election Commissioner Not Sure
- About 800 Declared Foreigners in Assam’s Detention Centre
- US based orthopedic Surgeon & Girlfriend charged with drugging and sexually assaulting ‘hundreds’ of victims
- Jharkhand Needs National Register of Citizens, Says Chief Minister Raghubar Das
- Special NIA Team to Interrogate Alleged Hizbul Mujahideen Cadres in Hojai
- Intelligence Report Says Hizbul Mujahideen was Trying to Supply Sophisticated arms to its cadres in Assam
- 27 Families of Bru Displace People Returned Back to their Home after 20 years
- Supreme Court Orders Filing of Claims in Assam NRC to Begin on September 25
- Corruption in Batadrava-Kuji Sattra Link Road Construction, Carpeting can be Removed with Hands!