Shimla, May 30: Continuing its tough stand against the civic authorities over its failure to provide adequate portable water to residents of Shimla, the Himachal Pradesh High Court on Wednesday directed water connections of erring hoteliers be cut. In its resumed hearing on the third consecutive day, a division bench headded by acting Chief Justice Sanjay Karol expressed surprise when it was informed that certain hoteliers were not clearing water arrears. “We direct the Commissioner of the Municipal Corporation to immediately take steps for disconnection of water connections of such hoteliers, who have not yet cleared their municipal dues,” the bench ordered. “However, if anyone of the hoteliers volunteers to deposit the amount within two days, such disconnection be put in abeyance for such period.” The court was informed that within the municipal limits, there are 224 hotels and more than 527 water connections were allotted to them. It was however told that this needed to be physically verified as there was a general impression among the public that water connections to some of the hotels were provided illegally. Listing the case for next hearing on Thursday, the bench, also comprising Justice Ajay Mohan Goel, directed the Municipal Commissioner and its Engineer to personally remain present in the court and file the compliance report. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats