New Delhi, June 14: With regulators around the world now keeping a closer watch on data security than ever before, Google on Thursday owned up complete responsibility for the security of customers’ data on its Cloud platform. “Our businesses cease to exist if we violate customers’ trust. So we have to be responsible for customers’ data,” Miles Ward, Director — Solutions, Google Cloud, said while delivering the keynote address at the Google Cloud Summit 2018 here. Saying that the Cloud platform can help businesses stop the bad actors in their tracks, Ward noted that Google invested nearly $14 billion in the past three years to build up its security infrastructure. “We integrate security as first order principle…. You are safe on our platform,” he said, adding that over 1,000 of the tech giant’s security engineers keep an eye on global vulnerabilities. Google Cloud promises businesses quality computing, security, data analytics, and other business tools. Its Cloud platform was recently named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Collaboration Platforms (CCP), which evaluates vendors based on their vision and ability to execute. Google said some of the world’s most successful businesses — Airbus, Coca Cola, Colgate, Home Depot, HSBC and Philips among others — are already running on Google Cloud. Rick Harshman, Managing Director, Google Cloud Platform, Asia Pacific, added that in the past six months, India has become the number one training destination for Google Cloud across the globe. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats