Jagdalpur, June 24: The engines and 24 wagons of a goods train derailed as suspected Maoists uprooted the tracks in the Kirandul-Visakhapatnam railway section, officials said on Sunday. The derailment late on Saturday has disrupted railway traffic on the route. According to the railway officials, the iron ore-carrying goods train on way to Visakhapatnam from Bacheli got derailed between Bhansi and Kamalur stations in Chhattisgarh as the tracks had been removed. Rescue teams were working on a war-footing to restore traffic on the route when reports last came in. Maoists have announced an anti-repression week from June 26 to July 4. This is the first Maoist incident since they made the announcement. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats