Jammu, April 23: Accusing the BJP and the RSS of trying to create a communal divide over the Kathua rape and murder case, Jammu and Kashmir’s Congress leaders on Monday appealed to the people to maintain communal harmony. A statement issued by the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) said: “It is utterly shameful and disgusting that the BJP-RSS combine is trying to communalise the inhuman Kathua incident for political gains. “The Congress party will not allow any individual, group or party to politicise and communalise the recent gruesome rape and brutal murder of an eight-year-old girl in Kathua. “Communal elements in any party who are trying to communalise or politicise the Kathua incident must be dealt sternly. “The sinister agenda of communal forces is to tear apart social cohesiveness, communalise the situation, inflame passions and give anti-social elements a free hand to destroy properties and human lives. “The Congress with the support of the people of the country will thwart these nefarious attempts”. The statement also accused the BJP and the RSS of stoking communal tensions with an eye on the 2019 elections in the country. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats
- Daliya Helps in Weight Loss: Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Say Yes to Daliya