Kabul, April 22: A suicide bomber blew himself up among a crowd lining up to get access to an election-related registration site in the Afghan capital on Sunday, killing 31 people and injuring 54 others, officials said. The blast occurred at around 10 a.m. in front of a school located in Kabul’s Qala-e-Nazir area, Xinhua news agency reported. The dead included women and children while several wounded remained in critical condition. Afghan officials have slated October 20 as the date for the upcoming parliamentary and district councils elections. The voter registration process started on April 14. Two policemen have been killed and five people, including three election officials, have been kidnapped since the voter registration began. Afghans will elect members to the 249-seat lower house of Parliament for a five-year term besides members of district councils. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats