Lucknow, May 24: In a major boost to opposition unity, the Lok Dal candidate who was contesting against his sister-in-law and Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) nominee Tabassum Hasan in the Kairana Lok Sabha by-election in Uttar Pradesh withdrew from the contest on Thursday. Lok Dal’s Kanwar Hasan also announced his support for the RLD nominee who is being backed by the Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), Congress and Nishad Party. The development, which could unite the minority vote in favour of the RLD, could make the going tough for Mriganka Singh, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate who is the daughter of Hukum Singh, whose death necessitated the by-election. Voting will be held in Kairana on May 28.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars