GUWAHATI, May 1: A GMC driver, Hanif Ali (41), was electrocuted while he collecting garbage from a dustbin at Panbazar, in front of the BSNL office this morning. Hanif Ali was electrocuted when he was trying to hook the chain of compactor (AS01GC2026) carrying garbage with the dustbin that was touching an iron electric post that stands erect there. If such iron posts pass electricity through them what could be the situation in city where such posts are innumerable. The monsoon is yet to arrive in Guwahati, and fatal power accidents have already started.
Hanif was soon admitted to the Mahendra Mohan Choudhury Hospital where doctors declared him dead. The handyman of the compactor, Narayan Bebbaruah also sustained injury in the incident.
Hanif Ali hailed from Bhella in Barpeta district. He was staying in a rented house at Kotahbari under Gorchuk police station in the city.