Imphal, Feb 16: Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh on Thursday filed his nomition papers for the upcoming state assembly polls. He said that the Congress party will return with a “thumping” majority and will form the government for the fourth consecutive term. “The ruling Congress shall win absolute majority in the non-ga areas. There are 10 seats in the constituencies domited by the gas. We are hoping for at least half,” Ibobi Singh told the media after filing his nomition papers in Thoubal district. ga groups are highly opposed to the Congress party and Ibobi Singh. Sources said that many of the politicians were asked to resign from the assembly and contest after joining other parties. Prominent members include veteran Congress legislator Phunzathang Tonsing, Parliamentary Secretary V. Valte and the lone tribal woman assembly member Nemcha Kipgen. Manipur will vote in two phases — on March 4 and 8 — to elect 60 members of the state assembly. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats