Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Meghalaya unlikely to get fund for new projects: BJP

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  10 Feb 2016 12:00 AM GMT

SHILLONG, Feb 9: The state unit of the BJP today claimed that the Meghalaya government may not get funding for new projects from the Ministry of DoNER since it has not been able to provide utilization certificates for pending projects. According to Lyngdoh, during their visit to New Delhi recently they met DoNER Minister Jitendra Singh he informed the BJP team from the state that Meghalaya government use to send fresh proposals for projects in the state. “After approval the state government take the 40 percent share but don’t utilize it and they don’t even ask for the remaining 60 percent,” the state BJP president alleged. “The DoNER Minister inquired into the issue and found out that many projects are incomplete. In this case the state cannot get sanctions for new projects due to pending schemes,” Lyngdoh added. According to tiol Council Member, Edmund K Sangma, the general impression of the DoNER Minister was that the Meghalaya government was interested only in the first installment. “It is unfortute that this is the state of affairs of Meghalaya under the leadership of Dr Mukul Sangma,” Sangma said.

Next Story
Jobs in Assam
Jobs in Rest of NE
Top Headlines
Assam News