Frankfurt, June 17: German Chancellor Angela Merkel is planning a special summit with the European Union (EU) member states, particularly those affected by the refugee crisis, the German newspaper “Bild” reported on Saturday. The special summit will most likely take place before the summer EU summit set to start on June 28, Xinhua said quoting the report. The German Chancellor is struggling to avert a crisis within her coalition on migrant policy. Earlier, BBC reported that a rift has opened between Merkel and her Interior Minister Horst Seehofer of the Christian Social Union (CSU) over the migrant policy, as the latter has sought powers for the police to turn away undocumented migrants at the border. She was criticised for letting in about one million in 2015. Seehofer has been a long-standing critic of the so-called “open-door policy”. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats
- Daliya Helps in Weight Loss: Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Say Yes to Daliya
- Sussanne Khan On #MeToo: There Are a Lots of False Allegations