Kolkata, April 30: A national level diver from West Bengal allegedly committed suicide at her residence in Hoogly district, police said on Monday. "The body of Moupriya Mitra, 15, was found hanging from the ceiling in her house in Bandel’s Manaspur area on Monday afternoon. The body has been sent for autopsy," said an officer from Bandel police station. "It is found that the girl was upset over a relationship dispute. We are further investigating the matter," he said. Mitra won two medals – a gold and a silver – in the South Asian Aquatics Championships (SAAC), 2016 in Colombo. The teenage girl started her career in gymnastics but had to give it up after her leg was fractured in an accident. She later took up swimming and specialised in diving. IANS
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats