GUWAHATI, June 25: As part of the nationwide programme to adopt modern technology to alert Railways regarding abnormal rise in water level of major rivers, the NF Railway has installed a system based on Radar Technology at Saraighat rail-cum-road Bridge recently. The system will automatically monitor the water level in Brahmaputra River and send SMS to pre-determined cell phones at regular interval of time which is an improvement over manual mode of recording being adopted so far, an official communiqué said. Similar system will be installed in total 10 bridges within NF Railways very soon. Railwaymen looking after the system will get alert signals as soon as the water level in the river crosses danger level, so that train services can be suitably regulated to obviate any danger, the communiqué added.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars