Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Shop gutted due to short circuit

Shop gutted due to short circuit

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  10 Dec 2017 12:00 AM GMT

From our correspondent

Silchar, Dec 9: A shop situated at Lakhipur market was gutted around 1am on Friday. The fire broke out due to a short circuit in the shop.

The shop is being run by Dhrubojyoti Das. Office in-charge and inspector Anwar Hussain Choudhury along with fire brigade and other police personnel rushed to the spot. The joint efforts of the police, fire brigade personnel and local people helped in extinguishing the fire. It took nearly 45 minutes to extinguish the fire. SDPO Gaurav Kumar Agarwal, former chairperson of Lakhipur Municipal Board Rimi Paul and a number of ward commissioners visited the spot. Ward commissioner of Ward No 5 Sampa Das, who jointly runs the shop along with her brother Dhrubojyoti Das, said that the loss incurred due to the fire amount to Rs.5 lakh.

Next Story