GUWAHATI, June 24: With the Abmubachi Mela in progress, the Voice of Environment (VoE) has launched a mission titled Swachh Temple to make the temple premises an eco-friendly and plastic free zone. It also plans to raise awareness about the temple’s reputation as a heritage site and a rich biodiversity spot. As per mission a programme was organized on Friday at the Ambubachi Mela Camp (Jail Campus) near Fancy Bazar Guwahati to create awareness among the devotees, visitors, sadhsus and others on cleanliness and proper waste disposal during the event. The similar event was organized on Sunday at the Kamakhya Temple premises, as per a release. The VoE team led by Moharana Choudhury and Minakshi Dutta has also organized a discussion cum interacting session with devotees, visitors and others, the release added.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars