San Francisco, April 12: In a bid to fight the prevailing gun culture, Twitter has changed its “pistol” emoji to a bright green “water gun”, following Apple, which launched a similar one in its iOS 10 update. The change is part of Twitter’s emoji update “Twemoji 2.6,” Tech Crunch reported late on Wednesday. “In doing so, the company that has struggled to handle the abuse, hate speech and harassment taking place across its platform, has removed one of the means for online abusers to troll their victims,” the report added. Replacing the weapon gun by a child’s toy, first by Apple and now by Twitter makes the effort against gun-culture prevelant in the US very clear. “A gun should not have a place in the pictorial language people commonly use when messaging on mobile devices,” said the rpeort. Samsung and WhatsApp have already replaced their gun emojis with a water gun. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats