GUWAHATI: Two hyenas were recently introduced into the Assam State Zoo cum Botanical Garden. The wild animals were supposed to be among the major attractions of the zoo. The animals, however, did not cope well with the climate of Assam and soon got sick. Unable to survive even twelve days, it ultimately resulted in the death of one of the hyenas. Tejas Mariswamy, DFO of the Assam State Zoo said “Initially, due to the change in climate, both the hyenas got sick. However, the female hyena showed a positive graph and got better; the male hyena sadly did not. The distressed animal went into a coma and eventually gave in to its sickness”. “When animals are taken to a new place, it tends to get stressed and finds it difficult to cope and often times, they do not survive”, he added.
You may also like
About the author
- Koffee With Karan: Moving Over The Past, Priyanka Chopra And Kareena Kapoor Take To The Couch
- Indian Super League: Jamshedpur FC back into top 4
- Borussia Dortmund beat Monaco to take top spot
- Assam beat Team Rajasthan in Senior Women ODI cricket
- IIT-Bombay win chess title
- ‘Pakistan Will Try For Peace Despite India’s Negative Attitude’
- CB trophy: Assam win by 5 wickets
- Several Crorepatis in the Newly elected Mizoram MLAs
- Who will dominate Panchayat raj in Barak Valley?
- Manipur honours women who revolted against British rule