Jowai, July 13: As a follow up to the Jowai PS Case No 149(6)18 U/S 120 B/34 IPC R/w Sec 8 A (c)/22 (c) NDPS Act R/w Sec 78 JJ Act where 8 (eight) persons, including the kingpin S Siangjathang Zou were arrested on June 15 from Jowai for drug trafficking, today, at about 2pm, based on intelligence inputs, two more persons were arrested by the ANTF (Anti Narcotic Task Force), West Jaintia Hills from Jowai. They are Shah Alam Majumdar (32) and Gulab Wajid @ Tinku, both residents of Silchar in Cachar district. The duo had come to Jowai to help out the eight arrested persons secure bail. The reason being that the drug supply chain has been disrupted following the arrest of the above eight persons who procure Meta Amphetamines and heroin from Myanmar and supply huge quantities to vendors like them. The two vendors then distribute the narcotics to middle level suppliers. One Wagon R without registration plate and without documents has also been seized from them. They will be produced tomorrow before the Special Judge (NDPS) West Jaintia Hills for police remand for further investigation. This has been stated in a press release.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars