Hemanta Kumar Sarmah
TIPS FOR THE LIVING ROOM:
1. The best location for the living room is in the East or in the North. It can be in the Southeast corner for South-facing houses.
2.A living room is more beneficial in the North direction.
3.The living room is also good in the Northwest. As the ruling element in the North-West part of a home is “Air”, the guests do not generally stay in this direction for a longer duration which is desirable for the host!
4.The Northeast of the house is dedicated for the gods in the form of a prayer room; otherwise it is also good.
5. A living room in the North brings lot of wealth and health for entire family.
6. If the living room is located at the South-West,the guests will tend to linger around in your home for longer periods of time. Those who have a very active social life and would like your guests to stay for longer periods of time,then you can locate your living room here. As we know, this place is best suited for the Master Bedroom.
7. The Living area floor should slope towards the East or the North.
8. The ceiling of the living room area, if sloping towards the East or North, is good.
9. Having the door of the living room in the East or North is very auspicious and brings wealth, health and overall progress.
10. The South, Northeast or Southeast entrance brings success but it takes a lot of hard work for the inmates.
11. The West entrance for the living area is good for scholars and researchers.
12. The Living room area’s North-West entrance supports development in all areas of life.
13. Keep the furniture, articles and heavy things in the West or South-facing side.
14. The head of the family, in the living area, should sit facing the East or the North so that he remains in command and guests are not able to dominate him.
15. Put the TV in the Southeast corner.It should not be in the Northeast corner.
16. If TV is in the South-West corner, then familial relationships will breakdown quite often.
17. The TV can also be kept in the Northwest but members will waste a lot of time watching it.
18. Keep the telephone in East, South-East or North.
19. Do not keep the telephone in the South-West or North-West.
20. Place an air cooler and air conditioner in the West, North-West or East.
21. You can hang portraits of Gods or some beautiful paintings in the north-eastern wall or corner.
22. Do not hang any portrait depicting negative energy e.g. war, crime, weeping, etc. in the living area.
23. Use white, light yellow, blue or green colours for the living room walls.
24. Avoid red or black colours for living area walls.
25. Keep square or rectangular furniture in the living area. Avoid circular, oval or any other shape of furniture.This is true for the furniture in the entire home.
26. Keep the staircase in the South, West or South-West corner of the living area.
27. Put light curtains on Northeast windows and doors and heavy curtains in the South-West of the living area. This is applicable anywhere in a home.
28. Keep the Northeast corner of the living area clean and empty if possible.
29. Never keep artificial flowers, dried flowers, cactus or bonsai plants.They have negative effects on finances and careers and are inauspicious.
30. Hang a chandelier in the South or West of the living area. Do not hang anything in the centre i.e. the Brahmasthan.
31. Keep the living area brightly lit with soothing lights.
32. Keep a fish aquarium in the East, North or Northeast of the living area.
33. A water fountain in the North or Northeast is very good.
THE FISH AQUARIUM
A fish aquarium is a great energiser for success and harmony. But if used incorrectly, the same fish aquarium can bring disaster. Hence, it is very important to follow the correct guidelines and principles of VaastuShastra while keeping a fish aquarium at home, office or anywhere else.
Researches have shown that high blood-pressure, stress, anxiousness and many more diseases are cured by staring at the tranquil beauty of fish aquariums. Studies have also asserted that if a child suffering from anxiety, observes a fish aquarium for prolonged period of time, then he gets healed early.
Water inside the fish tank represents life and when the water is moving by some mechanical or other device, then it represents liveliness or positive energy flow in life.
Movement of fish in aquarium generates and enhances positive energy and attracts prosperity, wealth and happiness. According to Feng-Shui, the more rapidly fishes move within an aquarium, the more positive energy or Chi is generated and more prosperity, wealth and happiness is attracted.
BENEFITS OF FISH AQUARIUMS:
1.A fish aquarium is associated with generating positive energy which removes all the negativity from your house.
2. Fishes, which are active and healthy, bring good fortune and joy.
3. Looking at fishes in the aquarium can make you feel calm, stress-free and relaxed.
4. Feeding fishes is good karma.
5. Since fishes are believed to be the first reincarnation of god Vishnu, they are said to be the source of positive energy.
6. According to Vastu Shastra, the natural death of any fish in the aquarium signifies the end of one of your problems.
7. It is believed that colourful and attractive fishes will grab the attention of your guests, thereby absorbing all their negative energy and converting it into a positive one.
8. If you feel that a certain problem in your office or home is because of a Vastu defect, then placing a fish aquarium eliminates that problem.
VAASTU RULES FOR FISH AQUARIUMS:
1.Always keep healthy fishes in the aquarium.
2. Vaastu suggests keeping the count of a number of fishes at nine in the fish aquarium.
3. Possessing golden as well dragon fishes in the fish tank is considered auspicious.
4. Eight out of nine fishes should be of the same breed.
5. Ensure that the fish aquarium is clean and hygienic. Keep the tank well aerated.
6. The same person should feed the fishes daily.
7. The fish aquarium should be kept in your living room only. Avoid keeping the same at any other places in the house, like bedroom or kitchen. Keep the fish aquarium in the North or East direction only.
QUESTION AND ANSWERS:
Q. What are the best materials for the puja room. I am re-doing the floor and the walls of the puja room.
N. Saikia, Nagaon
Ans: Wood and marble are the best materials for the puja room. As white is the best colour for the puja room, you can also use white tiles in lieu of wood and marbles. If marble is used in the flooring, do not keep any marble statues for decorative purposes.