A devastating fire guts house in West Siang damaging properties worth over lakh
Itanagar: A devastating fire that broke out on Sunday night, completely gutted down one SPT building at Gemo Tali village in West Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh. Properties worth over lakh are said to be lost in the inferno, the cause of which is believed to be from electric short circuit, an official release informed here on Monday. The Kargu Kardi Student Union rushed to the spot and provided essential commodities to the fire victims. The administration is looking out for the immediate relief from the government’s side, the release added.
Meanwhile, the West Siang District Bar Association under the chairmanship of advocate Taji Tajom, in a meeting on Monday resented over the setting of fire at district court building repeatedly by unknown miscreants.
Unknown miscreants set on fire the court building on November 20 last year and again on May 6 last causing loss to properties.
In a representation submitted to the West Siang DC and SP, the district bar members stressed on a proper and speedy investigation into the case and demanded to constitute Special Investigation Team to be headed not below the rank of an inspector.
The association also demanded installation of high-resolution night vision CCTV camera within the court premises to locate such act of miscreants. The members also stressed on the regular deployment of security personnel to contain such unlawful elements, another official communique informed.
Also read: Arunachal news