Winter is all about green and fresh veggies.
- Rajma or Red kidney beans – 2 cups
- Onions – ½ cup, roughly chopped
- Tomato – ½ cup, roughly chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, peeled, crushed
- Ginger – 1 inch, peeled, roughly chopped
- Green chilies – 2
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Hot water – 3 cups
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Wash beans thoroughly and soak in hot water for 1 hour.
- Heat oil and sauté onions, garlic, and ginger until onions turn golden.
- Add to the beans along with green chilies and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Take out after pressure subsides.
- Cool and blend to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer to a low heat and mix in salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat on low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add water, if necessary, to adjust thickness.
- Serve hot.