Canberra, January 7: Australian flag carrier Qantas has been med the world’s safest airline in a report published by AirlineRatings.com on Wednesday. Using a system that takes into account audits from aviation governing bodies and governments, as well as fatality records, Qantas was med the safest and most experienced airline going into 2015, Xinhua reported citing the report. Qantas, which is in its 95th year of operation, was hailed for “an extraordiry record of firsts” in terms of its safety history and ranked the best of 449 airlines, including low–cost carriers, assessed by the website. AirlineRatings.com praised Qantas for the way it monitors the engines of its aircraft using satellite communications, saying “doing so allows the airline to detect problems before they become a major safety issue”. The report follows the worst year for fatal air accidents over the last decade, with AirlineRatings.com mentioning the Malaysia Airlines flights MH370 and MH17, in addition to the AirAsia Flight QZ8501, as the industry’s worst incidents. However, despite the record amount of deaths, the overall number of accidents throughout 2014 was at an all–time low. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- 2 NE Districts Under Proposed Central Plan for De-Addiction
- Trendy shades to give you an uber-cool Summer statement!
- The coolest scarves for the hip and trendy!
- Cooperative Society विसायखथिनि फिथायखौ फोसावबाय
- FIFA बुहुम काप 2018, उरुगे vs रासिया नायबिजिरनाय
- FIFA बुहुम काप 2018, सावदि आराबिया vs इजिप नायबिजिरनाय
- কম মুল্যত সৌন্দৰ্য্য চৰ্চা
- সীমান্ত নিরাপত্তায় এসএসবি-র ভূমিকার প্ৰশংসা করলেন রিজিজু
- ইটানগরে বিল্ডিং ধসে জীবন্ত কবরস্থ ৫ জন শ্ৰমিক
- দুৰ্বল মৰক্কোৰ সন্মুখত শক্তিশালী স্পেইন