Islamabad, January 8: Cricketer–turned–politician Imran Khan on Thursday tied the knot with BBC jourlist Reham Khan at his Islamabad residence. According to sources, the “nikaah” (wedding) ceremony was a low–key affair and was followed by a photo session of the newly–weds, Dawn online reported. “We are praying for Imran Khan’s success,” Jamaat–i–Islami (JI) chief Sirajul Haq said. Earlier in the day, Pakistan Tehreek–i–Insaf (PTI) party’s Shireen Mazari dismissed reports that the wedding would be a fund–raising event for the chairman’s Shaukat Khanum Cancer Memorial Hospital in Lahore. “As far as I know, it is an extremely private affair. There are no such ticketed cards and no grand function,” Mazari said. “Imran is in no mood to celebrate after the Peshawar tragedy.” Imran’s bride Reham Khan is a British Pakistani jourlist who started her career in the BBC as a weather forecaster. Later, she worked for the network as a broadcast jourlist. She is currently working as an anchor at DawnNews. Imran Khan was previously married to English jourlist and activist Jemima Goldsmith for nine years. The marriage ended amicably in 2004 with Goldsmith stating that she was uble to adapt to life in Pakistan. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- 2 NE Districts Under Proposed Central Plan for De-Addiction
- Trendy shades to give you an uber-cool Summer statement!
- The coolest scarves for the hip and trendy!
- Cooperative Society विसायखथिनि फिथायखौ फोसावबाय
- FIFA बुहुम काप 2018, उरुगे vs रासिया नायबिजिरनाय
- FIFA बुहुम काप 2018, सावदि आराबिया vs इजिप नायबिजिरनाय
- কম মুল্যত সৌন্দৰ্য্য চৰ্চা
- সীমান্ত নিরাপত্তায় এসএসবি-র ভূমিকার প্ৰশংসা করলেন রিজিজু
- ইটানগরে বিল্ডিং ধসে জীবন্ত কবরস্থ ৫ জন শ্ৰমিক
- দুৰ্বল মৰক্কোৰ সন্মুখত শক্তিশালী স্পেইন