20 fall ill after consuming wild mushroom in Bamunjuli
TANGLA: Nearly 20 villagers, including women and children, fell ill after consuming poisonous mushroom in Bamunjuli TE in Udalguri district on Sunday. The locals said that the family had consumed mushroom on Sunday morning. Later, the victims complained of nausea, vomiting and severe abdominal cramp and were admitted to Tangla CHC.
The victims were identified as Anu Gour (28); Lalita Kumari (23), Lunin Tirki (35); Kamla Das (30); Mahima Tanti (13), Turku Gour (35); Bali Tanti (50); Gangu Munda (18); Jakub Tanti (16); Dulari Munda (17); Jesmina Munda (40) and Sonia Munda (11). Three others - Sumari Tikki (34), Laku Kumar (30) and Tufan Kumar (25) were rushed to Udalguri Civil Hospital and attending doctors stated them to be out of danger.