At least one person was injured as fire broke out at two different places in Kokrajhar district of Assam on Monday.
One incident took place at Fakiragram railway colony in the afternoon earlier today. According to locals, a LPG cylinder caught fire which led to the incident.
The LPG cylinder was reportedly brought for domestic use at a railway colony quarter and the incident took place at the railway colony's quarter no. E 46 A owned by Ram Chandra Mahato, a railway employee. A portion of the house was also damaged in the fire.
After the incident was reported, a fire tender bus from Kokrajhar rushed to the spot and doused the flames. The injured person has identified as Niva Chakraborty, aged 52.
A preliminary medical treatment was given to the injured person after the incident.
In a separate incident at Dotma, several shops at Dotma bazar in Kokrajhar district were gutted in the afternoon. The fire was reportedly generated due to an "electric short circuit."
Two fire tender buses rushed to the spot and doused the fire, but not before property in the lakhs was destroyed.